- 1/4 cup frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- dash of pepper
- sour cream
- Measure and then thaw hash browns. In a medium bowl beat the egg and milk. Add potatoes, flour, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Pour in just enough vegetable oil to coat the surface.
- Use a ¼ cup measuring cup to drop potato mixture on the hot griddle. You can make more than one pancake at a time. Fry for 3 minutes, or until bottom is browned and crisp. Turn and brown the other side.
- Top with sour cream. Makes 6 to 8 small pancakes.
Taken from WINDOWKIDS Recipes of the 10/40 Window edited by KJ Larson. Copyright(c) 2006 by Window International Inc. Used by permission of InterVarsity Press, PO Box 1400, Downers Grove, IL 60515. www.ivpress.com