- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 15-ounce can fruit chunks
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice*
- In a medium-size saucepan, combine the banana and fruit, water, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until quite tender but not mushy.
- Add the rice and milk and mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil and simmer 10 more minutes. Serve warm.
*Make sure you cook the brown rice well in advance as it takes 20-30 minutes to prepare.
Taken from WINDOWKIDS Recipes of the 10/40 Window edited by KJ Larson. Copyright(c) 2006 by Window International Inc. Used by permission of InterVarsity Press, PO Box 1400, Downers Grove, IL 60515. www.ivpress.com