- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 6-7 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup chopped dates
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ¼ cup chopped raisins
- Combine dates, marmalade, walnuts, coconut, and raisins in a medium bowl. Set filling aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and sugar. Slowly beat in corn syrup and oil. Add eggs, one at a time,
beating after each addition. Add a little of the cold water; use just enough to hold dough together.
- Roll out dough between two pieces of wax paper until ⅛ inch thick. Carefully remove the top sheet of wax
paper. Using a cookie cutter, cut out four-inch circles.
- Place about two tablespoons of the filling in the center of each circle. Gather the edges of the dough together and pinch seams to seal in the filling.
- Place balls two inches apart, seam-side down on an ungreased cookie sheet. Using fingers, flatten balls slightly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet for one minute. Transfer mooncakes to wire racks. Cool completely before serving.
Saved for later items are those you plan to try out with your family and want to be able to find easily. Recommended items are those you tried, loved, and think others would enjoy too. Activities, Journal entries, Resources, and Weave Family videos can all be added to both lists. Both saved and recommended items are added to your profile page, but only your recommended items will be visible to other users.
You can easily add a saved for later item to your recommended list — and vice versa — by clicking the icon in the lower left corner of each item. To remove an item, simply click the “X” icon in the lower left.