Note to Parents: In the last journal, you read a story about Yaren and her family (if you missed the story, find it here).They are Turks, an unreached people group in living in Turkey. What do Turk families do for fun? To find out, do the following cultural activity with your family.
Play a version of the Ring Game like Yaren’s family and friends. You will need six cups (not clear), a ring (or other small object), and pen and paper for keeping score.
- Place the six cups upside down on the table or floor.
- Divide into two teams, the Guessers and the Hiders.
- While the Guessers turn their backs, the Hiders place the ring under one of the cups.
- Guessers turn around to face the cups. Then they pick up the cup under which they think the ring is hidden. They must keep guessing, turning over one cup at a time, until the ring is found.
- Every incorrect guess gives the Hiders one point. When the ring is discovered, the score keeper records the score for the first round.
- Switch roles. The Guessers become the Hiders. The Hiders become the Guessers.
- Continue playing. The first team to earn 20 points wins.
Afterwards, pray as a family for the Turks. Ask God to reveal the truth of who Jesus is to Turk families who seek Him.