- 3 cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup and 1 T of butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup and 2 T of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup and 2 T of buckwheat flour
- 1 T white sugar
- 1 ½ t salt
- 1 T baking soda
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter.
- In another bowl, mix flour, buckwheat flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- Pour dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Mix until lumps disappear.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle. Add 1 T of margarine, butter, or oil and let it melt.
- Spoon batter into the pan to make 4-inch pancakes. Wait until bubbles form on top.
- Flip the pancakes over and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite topping.