Help your family embrace God’s love for the world. Watch and discuss this video together to learn about the Tajiks (TAH-jeeks), a Muslim group in Central Asia. Afterwards, pray that this unreached people group would come to know Jesus.
Watch Tajik Kids with your family.
- Tajik children enjoy having fun with their friends. They love cooling off in fountains, dancing, singing, and playing games. Ask your children to share about activities they enjoy doing with their friends. How are these the same or different from activities Tajik kids enjoy?
- Older Tajik boys and girls help their family by doing jobs like caring for younger children, weaving rugs from silk threads, planting crops, or working at an outdoor market. Discuss common jobs for teenagers where you live. How are these the same or different from Tajik jobs?
- Many Tajiks pray at the tombs of dead Muslim saints. Discuss their expectation that these saints will heal them from sickness and bring them good luck. If Tajik families placed their faith in Jesus, how would it change the way they pray?
- Many Tajik families try to please God by keeping rules found in the Koran (Muslim holy book). Pray that God would send believers to the places where Tajiks live to share the good news that when we trust in Jesus as our Savior, God accepts us as His children.
- Many Tajiks embrace Islam as part of their cultural heritage – to be Tajik is to be Muslim. Pray that they will learn they can become followers of Jesus and keep their Tajik identity.
Coming up next: Read a story about a Tajik girl and try some traditional foods eaten by families like hers.
Go deeper in learning about Tajik culture and history as a family with this downloadable activity book.
Use this world prayer globe to locate the countries where Tajiks live and pray for Tajik families to come to know Jesus as Savior.