Help your family embrace God’s love for the world. Watch and discuss this video together to learn about the Uzbek (OOZ-behk), a Muslim group in Central Asia. Afterwards, pray that this unreached people group would come to know Jesus.
Watch: Watch Uzbek Kids with your family.
- Uzbek children enjoy having fun with their friends. They love cooling off in fountains and lakes, dancing, singing, playing games, and visiting the circus. Ask your children to share about activities they enjoy doing with their friends. How are these the same or different from activities Uzbek kids enjoy?
- Uzbek families enjoy celebrations like weddings, which can last for three days. Ask your children to share about special occasions or annual holidays they enjoy celebrating with relatives or family friends. How are these the same or different from Uzbek celebrations?
- Many Uzbek families are afraid of evil spirits. Discuss how they try to protect themselves from these spirits. How might placing their faith in Jesus set the Uzbeks free from these fears?
- Uzbek families try to please God and earn their way to heaven by keeping rules found in the Koran (Musim holy book). Pray that they will understand that salvation is a true gift of God through Jesus.
- Many Uzbeks embrace Islam as part of their cultural heritage – to be Uzbek is to be Muslim. Pray that they will learn they can become followers of Jesus and keep their Uzbek identity.
Coming up next: Learn about a traditional food eaten daily by Uzbek families.