Help your family embrace God’s love for the world. Watch and discuss this video together to learn about the Bhil, one of the largest tribal (animistic) groups in northern India. Afterwards, pray that this unreached people group would come to know Jesus.
Watch Bhil Kids with your family.
- Bhil children work very hard helping their family. They do many jobs such as carrying water, cooking, caring for animals, and even working in the fields. Talk with your children about the chores they do to help your family. How are these chores different from those of Bhil children? Would it be difficult to carry water on your head or plow a field? Would it be fun caring for the animals?
- When chores are finished, Bhil children love singing and playing games outside with brothers, sisters, cousins, and friends. They often use objects like sticks, balls, and rocks. Ask your children to share about games they enjoy playing outside. How are these like the games that Bhil children play?
- The Bhil are an animistic people group. They believe that spirits live in trees, rocks, rivers, and other objects in nature. They both worship and fear these spirits. Discuss how placing their faith in Jesus could set the Bhil free from this way of thinking.
- Pray that Christians in India and other countries will travel to Bhil villages to tell them the good news of Jesus Christ so that the Bhil will live in peace rather than fear. Ask God to make ready the hearts of the Bhil to accept the gospel.
- As Bhil families come to know Jesus, pray for them to have the boldness to tell their friends that Jesus loves them and wants to be their dearest and best friend forever!
Coming up next: Learn to play a favorite game of Bhil children called Sitolia (sih-TOHL-ee-yah).
About the Author: Catherine Owen has been happily married for over 30 years and has raised four imperfectly perfect children. She loves teaching her grandbabies about Jesus through songs, games, and giggles. She believes that learning about and sharing Jesus should be the most exciting adventure that life has to offer!